Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bared to You

I read this book because of a casual recommendation from a friend. It captured my attention in the beginning but the theme of this book, similar to the theme of Gabriel's Inferno (Sylvain Reynard), seems to be over emphasized. The needs of the subjects were discussed towards the beginning but does it need to go on over and over and then to end it with such a typical ending...a lead up to a sequel. If the author trimmed some of the unnecessary parts of this book I am sure whatever will be covered in book two could have been finished in book one. Just because it worked for Fifty Shades does not mean it will work for all the others riding the on the wake if it's success.
While reading this book does no one notice the workplace sexual harassment? What person get's away with saying to his subordinate 'I want to fuck you" and gets away with it? Often crude in its vocabulary it builds a semi decent love story. Lots of convoluted stories which I am sure will work themselves out in the next book but with the way this book left, I am not sure I will be anxiously waiting for the October release of Reflected in You (remained from Deeper in You).


Summary:

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness...
He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...
Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.
The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...
http://www.sylviaday.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment