Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Books to Movies

As I am struggled to finish reading Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter before the movie out June 22, 2012, I thought about all the books I have read in the the past which have been made into movies. I usually believe the books are better than the movie since our imaginations are better than what they project into the movie.
Harry Potter 1-3, The Lord of the Rings, and The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo have been the only movies  that I feel have been just as good as the book. With Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter I feel the movie will be better than the book. There is too much history in the book and not enough vampire hunting. The premise of the book is to get the reader to take a different look at Abraham Lincoln but really all I read was his path to the presidency. Yes the parts of the book which contained the hunting was gruesome and action packed but those instances were few and far between. I will include more of my thoughts on this book when I am done, I am only 68% done with this book, it has almost been a week since I started.
Here is a list of books which I can recall to have read which have been made into movies...are there some you have read that are not on this list which you would recommend? Please feel free to comment and I will make sure to read it. I am always open for suggestions. I will read anything.


A Time to Kill
Along Came a Spider
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Dear John
Harry Potter 1-7
In Cold Blood
Interview with a Vampire
Kiss the Girls
Kite Runner
One for the Money
Pelican Brief
Runaway Jury
Running with Scissors
Something Borrowed
The Chamber
The Client
The Devil Wears Prada
The Firm
The Fountainhead
The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo Series 1-3
The Help
The Hunger Games 1-3
The Last Song
The Lord of the Rings
The Lucky One
The Namesake
The Nanny Diaries
The Notebook
The Pillars of the Earth
The Rainmaker
The Thorn Birds
To Kill a Mockingbird
Twilight 1-4
Water for Elephants
White Oleander






Authors:
John Grisham, Truman Capote, Sophie Kinsella, J.K. Rowling, Ann Rice, Khaled Hosseini, Augusten Burroughs, Emily Griffin, Lauren Weisberger, Ayn Rand, Stieg Larsson, Kathryn Stockett, Suzanne Collins, J.R.R. Tolkien, Jhumpa Lahiri, Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus, Ken Follett, Colleen McCullough, Harper Lee, Stephenie Meyer, Sara Gruen, Janet Fitch, James Patterson, Janet Evanovich


No comments:

Post a Comment