Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Books




I just finished reading all three books of the Hunger Games Trilogy.

Book one was very impressive. I could not put the book down. The characters are very likable. The imagery is great. I know when i see the movie, I will be somewhat disappointed because what I envision in my mind and what they bring to the big picture is always different. It seems they always leave out some parts that I feel are most important.


Book two is a great followup. It plays to my emotions and makes me want to keep reading. The author does a great job building the suspense. 

Book Three is where it all falls apart. I think this booked ended three times. There are so many moments where I thought ok if the book ended right now the story would be good. The last quarter of this book drags, on and on and on. The love story gets worse. Katniss is so conflicted with who she wants to be with, i wonder if the author just flipped a coin and that's who she went with. Back and forth was the theme in this book. I had to finished it because i started it but I did not love reading it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment